I am participating in the Completely Twisted and Arbitrary Spin the Bin Challenge for 2014. (Intro post here.) Entries in which I discuss my spinning are labeled with the “spinthebin” category.
My goals are:
- LI Livestock Company Alpaca Sparkle – 6 oz –> project link –> DONE!
- BMFA RWC #3 Camel/Merino/Silk in Spring Dreamin’ – 6 oz –> project link
- Pigeonroof Studios BFL in Filligree (4 oz) and Frabjous Fibers BFL in Glacial (4 oz) – 8 oz –> project link –> DONE!
- Loop! Bump in Kermit Coordinate – 5 oz –> project link
- BMFA RWC #2 BFL (5 oz) and Merino/Silk (3 oz) in Sleepy Hollow – 8 oz
BMFA RWC #1 Polwarth in Prism (4 oz) and Winter Solstice (4 oz) – 8 oz
- BMFA Sheep 2 Shoe Kit in Single Cell Dating Pool – 8 oz
- Plymouth Yarn Alpaca (5 oz) carded with The Wacky Windmill Silk (2 oz) – 7 oz –> project link –> DONE!
- Two Sisters Stringworks Gotland in Canopy (4 oz) and Rime (4 oz) – 8 oz
- Wash, flick, and spin locks of BFL x Cormo fiber – 8 oz
- Dye, comb, and spin locks of BFL x Gotland fiber – 8 oz
- West Mountain Farm Llama Down – 5 oz
- BMFA RWC #4 Merino/Superwash Merino/Silk in Spring Fever – 8 oz
- Angora fiber (1 oz) with Porpoise Fur Shetland (4 oz) in Drowned Gods – 6 oz
I am also conducting an ongoing, personal Spinner’s Study during which I spin roughly an ounce of fiber from different breeds of sheep on my Kundert spindle and finish them as singles. While I’m spinning, I research various characteristics about the breed and its wool from the internet and from the invaluable Fleece and Fiber Sourcebook. When I’m all done, I record my thoughts and tell you about what I’ve learned.
To date, I’ve completed:
- Polwarth: start and finish
- Finnish: start and finish
- Black Jacob: start and finish
- Bluefaced Leicester: start and finish
- Cormo: start and finish
- Icelandic: start and finish
- Gotland: start and finish
- Brown Merino: start and finish
- Romney: start and finish
- Cheviot: start and finish
- Romeldale: start and
Tools of the trade…