FO Friday #17: That’s Better

Seeing as my sister-in-law is in labor as I type and my new little nephew should be arriving some time today, I’m thrilled to have finished this baby set:

This is an extensively modified version of Jared Flood’s Turn A Square hat pattern and a troublesome pair of matching socks knit out of The Sanguine Gryphon Bugga in Box Jellyfish and Common Emerald Moth. I love these colorways together, the green just glows. Also, the hat and socks together used less than 40 grams / 126 yards of yarn, so it’s great for sock leftovers. You can see the modifications I made on my Ravelry page. Also, this set is finished item #6 of the 13 SG/VG/CY in 2013 projects that I’m doing as part of my fiber goals for the year and #22 of the 50 total projects I hope to finish this year. Not bad progress, eh?

Proof that they do, indeed, match now. Also, flash reveals all sorts of messiness regarding the weaving in of ends!

Thanks for all the suggestions on what might have gone wrong with these little socks. I checked the gauge, which was the same, and counted all the rows between sections of the sock. Turns out I had somehow worked about 5 extra rows in the foot and toe of Sock 1… and then wrote down different instructions? Still not clear on what exactly happened (I blame airplane turbulance) but I ended up frogging back the foot of the larger sock and reknitting it to what I knew I had done for the second sock. I liked the slightly smaller version better anyhow.

As the Yarn Harlot says*, I’ve finished the baby knitting, so now the baby can arrive. Exciting!

*It did not escape my notice that the Yarn Harlot is also having bootie problems. It’s like we’re the same person**
**I wish. She’s my hero.


7 thoughts on “FO Friday #17: That’s Better


Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s